You are hereHome ›
"Succeeding with High Conflict Couples"
High conflict couples present a special challenge to therapists. Some therapists shy away from these clients. High conflict couples often present as bullies who are in relationship with “unbridled expressives.” Angry, belligerent clients can be intimidating. Therapists often coddle hostile male clients in an effort to keep them engaged in the therapeutic process. You will learn how to intervene to limit unbridled expressives and verbal intimidators.
This workshop will focus on creative and effective strategies for helping these couples salvage, improve, and strengthen their emotional relationship.
To give you an idea of location, the Adler Graduate School is located just north of 494 about 2 miles west of the Mall of America (very easy to find).
- Registration confirmation and directions are e-mailed to participants three (3) days prior to the workshop.
- Workshops start at 9:00 a.m. and run until 4:00 p.m. Lunch (on your own) is 12:00-1:00. All workshop materials are provided.
- At the end of the workshop day, participants receive a certificate of attendance confirming 6.0 board-approved CEUs.
- Checks and credit card charges are processed on the day of the workshop.
|Registration Form||52.15 KB|
- About Adler
- Programs of Study
- Student Services
- Adler in the Community
- Timeline for Commencement