You are hereHome ›
"Incorporating Complementary Spiritual Healing Techniques into Psychotherapy"
In this daylong workshop, various energy systems and healing techniques from ancient cultures are discussed and demonstrated. Many clients now seeking help have accessed these techniques and have often used them as an alternative to psychotherapy. Meanwhile, many therapists are not aware of the techniques or do not know how to use them or incorporate them into their work with clients.
This workshop bridges the gap so that clients may be better served by therapists who are more equipped to serve a more sophisticated population. Systems, philosophies, and techniques explored include the ayurvedic chakra system from India, tai chi and qi gong from China, Buddhist psychology from central Asia, and various grounding techniques used by energy healing practitioners in America. Please wear comfortable, loose clothing to accommodate demonstrations and experiential exercises on the floor. All of the exercises will be gentle and painless.
To give you an idea of location, the Adler Graduate School is located just north of 494 about 2 miles west of the Mall of America (very easy to find).
- Registration confirmation and directions are e-mailed to participants three (3) days prior to the workshop.
- Workshops start at 9:00 a.m. and run until 4:00 p.m. Lunch (on your own) is 12:00-1:00. All workshop materials are provided.
- At the end of the workshop day, participants receive a certificate of attendance confirming 6.0 board-approved CEUs.
- Checks and credit card charges are processed on the day of the workshop.
|Registration Form||52.18 KB|
- About Adler
- Programs of Study
- Student Services
- Adler in the Community
- Timeline for Commencement