You are hereHome ›
Saturdays with Andre: "Creating Cultural Competence"
This work shop helps organizations create cultural competence plans as a means to meet affirmative action goals. Often folks talk about how to create cultural competence or how to reach affirmative action goals, but often don’t talk about the culture of the organization.
- Learn definitions and guiding assumptions about race, racism and cultural competence.
- Increase awareness and understanding of individual, institutional and societal cultural manifestations of culture.
- Understand conscious and unconscious mores in a culture.
- Understand the experiences of people from different racial heritages.
- Explore the costs and benefits of working to end racism through building on cultural strengths.
- About Adler
- Programs of Study
- Student Services
- Adler in the Community
- Timeline for Commencement