Materials from Other Libraries

Adler students may certainly check out books from other libraries from which they have a borrowing privileges card.

In addition:
University of Minnesota: Students wishing to borrow books from the University of Minnesota Libraries may obtain a Special Borrowing Privileges Application form in the Adler library. They must submit this and a fee statement/transcript to the Wilson Library Borrowing Privileges & Fines Office at the University of Minnesota. The hours of Wilson Borrowing Privileges & Fines Office are typically 9 am to 4:30 pm M-F (except on University holidays).

Inter-Library Loan: Adler students wishing to obtain materials not available at Adler may also submit Inter-Library Loan requests through their local Public Library, which may use the MINITEX Inter-Library Loan system to obtain books held at public and academic libraries throughout the State of Minnesota.

WorldCat: To see which libraries (both academic and public libraries) own a particular book or journal title you can use WorldCat, which indexes materials in libraries around the world. It will sort the results by distance from your location if you enter your ZIP code. It contains links to the various libraries that have an item so you can check its location and circulation status. To use WorldCat click here.