Post Master's Degree Licensure Options

Students desiring to add a licensure or credential to an existing Masters degree may be able to such requirements through a special licensure/ credentialing process.  Please see specific program pages for specific details and requirements.

Art Therapy: AT-R Credential only

Clinical Mental Health Counseling: LPC or LPCC only

Marriage & Family Therapy: LMFT only

School Counseling: Licensed School Counselor only

Credential Only: Art Therapy

The Post-Master's Credential only track in Art Therapy is offered to applicants who currently have a Master's Degree in a related mental health field (Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work, Psychology, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Nursin

License Only: Clinical Counseling

The Adler Graduate School prepares students to pursue the professional role of clinical mental health counselor. This is a nationally recognized field in the practice of mental health.

License Only: Marriage and Family Therapy

The Marriage & Family Therapy Program (MFT) at Adler Graduate School allows the applicant to take only the courses required for licensure by the Minnesota Board of Marriage & Family Therapy.

License Only: School Counseling

Students may be eligible to complete the requirements for school counseling licensure if they possess a previous earned Master's degree in counseling or a related field.