Registering for Classes
Registrations are due approximately one month before the start of each term (specific dates will be advertised to current students each term). Students may incur a $20/credit fee for any drop request received later than 15 days prior to the start of the affected session.
Changes to a student’s registration may be made online up until approximately five days before the start of each term (specific dates will be advertised to current students each term). After the close of online registration and the open drop/add period, all requests to drop/add must be made in writing, including email. A student wishing to add or drop one or more classes before the beginning of the course(s) must complete a DROP/ADD FORM, or submit a written request by other means (such as email) to the registrar. A student seeking to withdraw from a class after it has begun must complete a REQUEST FOR WITHDRAWAL FORM or submit a written request by other means (such as email) to the registrar.
A student seeking to drop one or more classes after completing his or her quarterly registration but before the beginning of the affected course(s) must complete a DROP/ADD FORM and submit it to the Registrar. A student seeking to withdraw from a class that has already begun must complete a REQUEST FOR WITHDRAWAL FORM. A refund of tuition and other charges may be made according to the following schedule:
Before the first hour: 100% refund, minus $60 drop charge
1st through 6th hour of class: 75% refund, minus $60 drop charge
7th through 12th hour of class: 50% refund, minus $60 drop charge
13th through 18th hour of class: 25% refund, minus $60 drop charge
After the 18th hour: No refund
- There is no charge for adding credits.
- For second session only, there is no drop fee if a drop request is received more than 15 days prior to the start of the second session.
- There is no charge for dropping Internship (591-4) or Advanced Internship (597).
- A grade of "W" will appear on the transcript for any course dropped after the course has begun. Courses dropped before the start date will receive a grade of "NE" (never enrolled).
- Because of its limited enrollment, Group Didactic (529) must be dropped at least 30 days prior to the first night of class. No refund will be issued if 529 is dropped after that time.
- The drop fee may be waived for students in their first term of enrollment.
- Students are expected to complete requirements for the Master's Project (599) within 3 months after they cease to be enrolled in any other coursework at Adler. No refund will be issued to a student who withdraws from 599 after that time. (Exceptions to this policy based on extenuating circumstances may be made on a case-by-case basis.)
- No refund will be issued to any student who stops attending class without submitting a written request for withdrawal to the registrar, or to any student who fails to appear in class (“no-show”), without submitting to the registrar a written request to drop the course.
Student financial aid budgets are determined by the student's declared enrollment status and prior enrollment history.
Full-time status = 6 credits or more per term
Half-time status = 3-5 credits per term
Less-than-half-time status = 2 credits or fewer per term
A student who drops below half-time status is no longer eligible for Title IV student financial aid (Federal Direct Loans or Federal Direct Graduate PLUS loans). Pending disbursements will be cancelled and the student's lender will be notified that the student is no longer enrolled at least half-time. Financial aid recipients are required to notify the financial aid and registrar's offices of any enrollment changes.
If you need to take time off from your program, please complete the Leave of Absence Request. A leave of absence will be considered in one year increments. The form is not required for students taking off a single semester or session.
For incompletes requiring additional time, students must complete the Request for Extension form. Failure to submit the form and required work will lead to a final grade of R (retake). Please see the Student Handbook/Catalog for further details.
- About Adler
- Programs of Study
- Student Services
- Adler in the Community
- Timeline for Commencement