- Our Approach
- School History
- Adler Vision Statement, Mission Statement, and Core Values
- Alfred Adler: Theory and Application
- Safety and Security
- Employment Opportunities
- Map and Directions
- Need meeting space?
- Educational Excellence
- Request Information
- Why Adler Graduate School?
- Application Requirements
- Admission Requirements
- Financial Aid
- Transferring Coursework
- Information for International Students
- International Students
- Accepted Students
- AGS Community in Action
- Career Services
- Current Students
- Learning Accommodations
- Library and Writing Center
- Student Development Hub
- Technology and Support
Support for Your Academic Journey
The Adler Graduate School Library and Writing Center provides resources and staff to support you with your research and writing assignments. We offer on campus and online options to connect and consult throughout your academic journey.
Adler Graduate School Library
We support students and faculty with access to online and print resources, Adlerian research publications, and expert assistance. The Librarian and Writing Center Coordinator consults with students on research and synthesis of sources in written work, including finding, evaluating, organizing, and attributing information.
Start Your Research
Determining research sources needed for assignments. Planning your written assignments.
- Define a research question and search strategy.
- Select and use information to investigate a point of view or conclusion (often, an academic argument or thesis).
- Search scholarly literature, peer-reviewed sources, books, and government sources.
Database passwords can be located on Moodle. Log in, then click on Online Resources.
Accessing needed information effectively and efficiently.
- Find books and eBooks, scholarly articles, videos, government sources, and materials from other libraries.
- Find and integrate Adlerian sources.
Evaluate and Integrate Research
Reviewing research sources and beginning critical analysis and synthesis.
- Read and comprehend scholarly articles.
- Critically evaluate information and sources.
- Synthesize scholarly sources and provide proper attribution. Combine elements from various sources into your written assignment and cite those materials in APA format.
- Avoidance of plagiarism.
Understanding copyright guidelines.
- Attribution and permission for images, printed materials, and videos.
- Integrating sources into presentations (such as PowerPoint).
The Adler Research Center includes unique and specialized Adlerian materials.