- Our Approach
- School History
- Adler Vision Statement, Mission Statement, and Core Values
- Alfred Adler: Theory and Application
- Safety and Security
- Employment Opportunities
- Map and Directions
- Need meeting space?
- Educational Excellence
- Request Information
- Why Adler Graduate School?
- Application Requirements
- Admission Requirements
- Financial Aid
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Tuition and Fees
- FA Application Checklist – How to Apply
- Making Tuition Payments
- Link to FAFSA Online
- Questions About My Tuition Bill
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Funding Options
- Financial Aid Policies
- Transferring Coursework
- International Applicants
- Accepted Students
- AGS Community in Action
- Career Services
- Current Students
- Learning Accommodations
- Library and Writing Center
- Student Development Hub
- Technology and Support
Transfer credits are those graduate level credits completed at another accredited institution which will be applied toward a degree from AGS. Requests for the transfer of course credits earned at another institution must be made prior to the end of the student’s first term of enrollment at AGS. The Program Chair has the authority to deny transfer credit using their discretion.
Up to 12 credit hours may be transferred in for any Master’s level AGS program as long as the following conditions are met:
- Credits are completed via an accredited school’s program
- Credits are consistent with current AGS curriculum
- Credits are completed with a grade of “B” or higher at the institution from which credits would transfer
Transfer credits are those graduate level credits completed at another accredited institution which will be applied toward a degree from AGS. Requests for transfer course credits earned at another institution must be made prior to the first day of the first semester of attendance. The Dean has the discretion to deny or approve transfer credit. Transfer credit will be awarded after thorough review of the course syllabus, course materials, the course learning objectives, and the textbooks used.
Up to 12 credit hours may be transferred in for any AGS master’s degree program if the following conditions are met:
- Credits are completed via an accredited school’s program.
- Credits are consistent with the current AGS curriculum.
- Credits are completed with a grade of “B” or higher at the institution from which credits would transfer.
- Only credits earned within 5 years of enrollment in AGS will be considered for transfer. Credits expire after 7 years.
- Credits must be transferred or waived in credit-for-credit. We cannot accept credits for classes that are not equal to the value of an AGS course.
No more than 12 credits total will be accepted for both transfer and/or waived credits combined.
To request transfer credit consideration, submit to the admissions office syllabi for courses you are seeking to transfer or waive in. The Dean will determine which transfer courses match AGS curriculum and whether that course is eligible for transfer or waiver. Please allow 2 weeks’ processing time. The Dean will communicate with you regarding the transfer credit evaluation. Documentation will be forwarded to the Registrar who will enter the awarded credits into Sonis. Only transfer credits will appear on your transcript. A record of waived courses will be maintained also in Sonis but do not appear on your transcript.
No transfer credits will be accepted for a certificate program.
Download, complete, and submit the Credit Transfer Request Form to your program chair.