- Our Approach
- School History
- Adler Vision Statement, Mission Statement, and Core Values
- Alfred Adler: Theory and Application
- Safety and Security
- Employment Opportunities
- Map and Directions
- Need meeting space?
- Educational Excellence
- Request Information
- Why Adler Graduate School?
- Application Requirements
- Admission Requirements
- Financial Aid
- Transferring Coursework
- Information for International Students
- International Students
- Accepted Students
- AGS Community in Action
- Career Services
- Current Students
- Learning Accommodations
- Library and Writing Center
- Student Development Hub
- Technology and Support
The Office of the Registrar is here to assist you with everything you need to register for classes or make adjustments to your schedule, get a copy of your transcripts, and prepare to graduate.
Registering for Classes
Registration typically occurs 2 months prior to the start of the semester. During this time, students my drop and add classes as necessary. It is also during this time when additional course sections can be added or cancelled, depending on student demand. Adding yourself to a course waitlist will help us to determine the need for additional course sections.
Registration Changes (Drop/Add)
Open registration closes at 11:59pm the day before the semester begins. Any requests to drop a class once the semester has begun, must be made in writing directly to the Registrar. Telling your advisor or instructor that you wish to drop the class, does not constitute dropping the class. Once the semester has begun, students will be assessed a $20/credit drop fee. Tuition refunds will be assessed according to the Tuition Refund Policy below.
Student financial aid budgets are determined based on the number of credits a student is registered for:
Full-time status = 9 credits or more per semester
Three-quarter time status = 7 – 8 credits per semester
Half-time status = 3 – 6 credits per semester
Less than half-time status = 1 – 2 credits per semester
A student who drops below half-time status is no longer eligible for Title IV student financial aid. Pending disbursements will be cancelled and the Clearinghouse will be notified that the student is no longer enrolled at least half-time. If you have an enrollment status change and are on financial aid, please notify the Director of Financial Aid of the change.
Request a Leave of Absence
A student may request a Leave of Absence, (LOA) due to illness or other extenuating circumstances, by submitting the Request for Leave of Absence form to their Program Chair. Students may take a LOA not to exceed 12 months, or smaller incremental leaves not to exceed 12 months-time in total. For the complete policy, see the catalog.
Students seeking to change degree programs must complete the Change of Program form, (see link below). After the appropriate signatures have been obtained, please return the form to the Registrar’s Office.
For information regarding Re-Admission, please go to the catalog for the complete policy and procedures.
Transcripts are processed by the Registrar’s Office. All transcript requests must be made by completing the Transcript Request form (see form below under Attachments). Please complete one form per request. The cost is $10 per transcript. Please allow 7-14 business days for processing. We are unable to send transcripts electronically. Adler does not have the required secure means to send your transcript electronically. Laws prohibit us from sending your transcript to you, or other entity via email. If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
Adler Graduate School Tuition Refund Policy
After the open registration drop/add period has closed, all requests to drop a course must be made in writing to the Registrar. You may email your written request to: email@example.com or by completing the Drop/Add Form and submitting to the Registrar. A refund of tuition will be made according to the following schedule:
Summer Semester 7/11/22 – 9/19/22 Fall Semester 10/3/22 – 12/18/22
100% refund through 7/17/22 100% refund through 10/9/22
75% refund through 7/24/22 75% refund through 10/16/22
50% refund through 7/31/22 50% refund through 10/23/22
25% refund through 8/7/22 25% refund through 10/30/22
Last day to withdraw, no refund 9/6/22 Last day to withdraw, no refund 12/4/22
Winter Semester 1/9/23 – 3/20/23 Spring Semester 4/10/23 – 6/19/23
100% refund through 1/15/23 100% refund through 4/16/23
75% refund through 1/22/23 75% refund through 4/23/23
50% refund through 1/29/23 50% refund through 4/30/23
25% refund through 2/5/23 25% refund through 5/7/23
Last day to withdraw, no refund 3/7/23 Last day to withdraw, no refund 6/6/23
- You cannot add a class after registration closes.
- The drop fee of $20/credit will be assessed for all withdrawals occurring on the first day of the semester or later.
- A grade of “W” will appear on the transcript for any course dropped after the start of the semester.
- A grade of “NE” will appear on the transcript for a course dropped prior to the first class meeting.
- Because of its limited enrollment, Group Didactic (529) must be dropped at least 30 days prior to the first night of class. No refund will be issued if 529 is dropped after that time.
- Students registered for 604 Portfolio Defense must complete the portfolio by the end of the semester in which 604 is taken. Failure to complete the portfolio will result in an NC for the course. The student will be registered for 604 again in the following semester and will be charged for 1 credit. This will occur until the portfolio is completed.
- No refund will be issued to any student who stops attending class without submitting a written request for withdrawal to the registrar, or to any student who fails to appear in class (“no-show”), without submitting to the registrar a written request to drop the course.
- Notifying your instructor or advisor of your desire to withdraw from a course, does not constitute a withdrawal. The request must be made by the student in writing, directly to the Registrar’s Office.
Need to verify a degree?
The National Student Clearinghouse is our authorized agent for providing degree and enrollment verifications. If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting this information, please visit:
www.degreeverify.org or send a written request to:
National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171
Timeline for Commencement Ceremony Participation
Timeline for September 2022 Commencement Ceremony (exact date and location yet to be determined)
All items listed below must be completed by June 30, 2022, for September commencement participation, there will be no exceptions to this deadline:
- Degree Audit completed by Advisor, submitted to the Registrar. Student is registered for 604 Portfolio Defense.
- All coursework and internship hours completed.
- Receive a pass for 604 – successful completion of oral defense.
Prior to degree conferral:
- Return outstanding library books
- Tuition paid in full or payment plan in place
- Complete Financial Aid Exit Counseling: https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/counselingInstructions.action?counselingType=exit
Once all the above steps have been completed, an Application for Commencement will be emailed to your personal email account. Complete and return the application before June 30, 2022. All Master’s and Certificate recipients will be invited to commencement although regalia will not be required or provided for Certificate graduates.
Keep in mind that Commencement is the ceremony, graduation occurs when all graduation requirements are completed, and a degree/certificate is conferred. The conferral date for students completing 604 Portfolio Defense, will be the last day of the term in which 604 is taken. If you have graduated since the last commencement, you may participate in this commencement.
For questions regarding commencement and graduation, please contact the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 612 767-7064.